FAVIKEN by Magnus Nilsson.
• An exclusive insight into one of the world’s most innovative new restaurants, Fäviken Magasinet in northern Sweden, its remarkable head chef, Magnus Nilsson, and his unique approach to Nordic cuisine.
• Reveals Nilsson’s natural and intuitive way of working with the produce available in the environment around him, and how he creates a seasonal cycle of menus built around it.
• Contains over 100 recipes, from basic preparations for pickles, yogurt and bread, to the exquisitely crafted dishes that are served by Nilsson and his team at Fäviken.
• Fascinating narrative texts, stunning photography and inspiring recipes will encourage all cooks and food lovers to think differently about their environment and the ingredients that are available to them.
Magnus Nilsson (b.1984) is the head chef of Fäviken Magasinet restaurant in Sweden. After training as a chef and sommelier in Sweden he worked with Pascal Barbot of L’Astrance in Paris before joining Fäviken as a sommelier. Within a year he had taken over the running of the restaurant.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Addresses all key aspects of Sous Vide cooking including safety, equipment and best practices.
- 65 recipes provide a base further Sous Vide culinary explorations.
- Includes contributions from Wylie Dufresne, Johnny Iuzzini, Bruno Goussault, Thomas Keller, Nick Kokonas, Nathan Myhrvold, Chris Young and other top chefs, restaurateurs and culinary experts.